Dear Edcamp Puget Sound participants,
Thank you all for registering!
Please take a few moments to read this email in full for some important info:
- Registration check-in will start at 9:00 am Saturday morning, November 5 – in the Bertona Classroom Building at Seattle Pacific University.
- There is no charge for edCampSeattle, however if you would like 5 clock hours, these will be made available through SPU. Visit the clock hours page for more information on this process.
- Free coffee will be available.
- There is free parking in the Ross Lot adjacent to Bertona Building. For bus schedules call Metro Transit (553-3000) or go to metro.kingcounty.gov.
- Please arrive and check-in in time for the introduction to Edcamp at 9:30 am
- The official Twitter hashtag for the event is #edcampPSWA
- Lunch will be on your own. There several good eateries within walking distance.
For those of you who have never attended an Edcamp before, we will start our morning by building the schedule. Edcamp doesn’t believe in paying fancy people to come and talk at you about teaching! At an Edcamp, the people attending, or participants, are the ones who facilitate sessions on teaching and learning! So Edcamp won’t succeed without a whole bunch of you wanting to facilitate a session of some kind! What kinds of sessions might you facilitate?
- Discussions on issues in education
- Share model lessons or units with each other
- Conduct an inquiry session into a new tool
- Share something you’re passionate about
- Discuss new things you’d like to learn more about
- Share activities you’re looking to improve
- Anything else you can think of that will get other interested teachers to come and share with you!
It’s great to see so many already full of ideas. Edcamp Puget Sound should be a great day of learning! Even if you don’t feel like facilitating a session, please come ready to share ideas. Don’t forget to bring your own device (laptop, iPad, notebook, phone) and be prepared to learn something new.
See you on November 5!
The Edcamp Puget Sound Team